This is the personal site of Dan Grossman, software developer and entrepreneur. I create web applications that help people get the most out of their websites. View my portfolio to see some of my past work. I have a more formal resume listed here.
I’m 28, and have been building websites since 1996. From 2001-2004 I freelanced as a web developer while beginning my BS in Computer Science from Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA. I worked paid internships at DuPont in Philadelphia and Microsoft in Redmond before graduating.
In 2004 I founded Awio, a company focused on software to help small businesses get the most out of their websites. While growing services such as W3Counter and W3ROI to over 50,000 users, I completed both BS and MS degrees in Computer Science at Drexel, focusing on machine learning and software engineering.
I continue to operate and grow Awio while personally supporting its tens of thousands of accounts. I am the company’s sole employee, responsible for:
- Continual development of the services
- Administering multiple servers in 2 data centers and 2 compute clouds
- Marketing campaigns across search, dozens of websites and social media
- PCI-DSS compliance auditing
- Bookkeeping and other accounting tasks
- Managing over 2,000 affiliates promoting Awio products
I’m occasionally solicited by startups hoping to recruit me to their team — which is always tempting, but I’m fully committed to continued support of all my services, which wouldn’t permit me to give my full attention to a day job.